Giraffe Patches Loaf bread
Original recipe from Nasilemaklover with modifications
375g Bread Flour
1tsp Dry yeast
250g Warm milk
For Chocolate Dough
20g Cocoa Powder
1. Disolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam (about 5-10mins)
2. Add to the mixer, Flour, Sugar and Salt. Mix well.
3. Add the mixture of milk with dry yeast and sugar. Knead until the dough is formed.
4. Add the butter and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic (around 15-20mins)
5. Remove 230g of the plain dough, put in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
6. Add the cocoa powder, milk and butter into the rest of the dough. Knead well and put in another greased bowl. Rest for 1 hour or until the dough doubled in size.
7. After proofing, punch the dough and divide into 4 doughs (for plain and chocolate)
8. For plain dough : 3 @50g and 1 @77g (depends on the weight of the dough after proofing and adjust accordingly)
9. For chocolate dough : 3 @102g and 1 @205g (depends on the weight of the dough after proofing and adjust accordingly)
10. Use a rolling pin, roll chocolate dough to a flat oval shape, then roll it like swiss roll.
11. Use a rolling pin, roll plain dough to a flat oval shape. Place the chocolate dough on plain dough, cover the chocolate dough with plain dough and seal. Gently roll them into 22cm (more or less) long log. Repeat till all finished.
12. Cut each dough into two parts. First stack 3 small dough in the prepared loaf pan, followed by 2 large dough and top with the balance 3 small dough. Set aside to proof for another 1 hour.
13. Brush the top with egg yolk (optional)
14. Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180C for 10mins, tent the top with foil (to prevent further browning), continue bake for 30-35mins. Every oven is difference, please adjust temp and timing according to your oven.